qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject NEED HELP: getting the trunk back in order.
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 22:32:35 GMT
After a long holiday on the 0-9 branch I'm back on the trunk, and I'm
fairly appalled at what I find.

1. python tests totally broken due to a typo introduced by
r510060 | ritchiem | 2007-02-21 10:47:17 -0500 (Wed, 21 Feb 2007)

2. After fixing the typo multiple python tests still fail and then hang
with java broker. They also hang with C++ broker.

3. One mvn test fails for Java broker.

I need help to get the trunk back into working order so we can start
merging branch work. I'll look at python tests on C++, I need help from
the people who have been committing to the trunk on Java to fix all the
errors.

I'm very concerned about how the trunk got into this state, please
committers exercise some discipline. All tests should pass on trunk at
all times.

* If there are any tests failing for a project DO NOT COMMIT ANYTHING
except fixes for those failures.
* C++ changes must pass "make check" (which includes python tests)
* Java changes must pass mvn tests AND the python tests (I suggest they
be automated as part of mvn tests.)
* XML changes must pass python tests against BOTH brokers.
* No idea about the other languages but I assume they have test suites.

Please folks, lets keep the code base clean.

Cheers,
Alan.