qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Merging 0-9 and (Re: [VOTE] Qpid M2 Release)
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 16:11:20 GMT
We'll need an M2 release branches to isolate M2 from turbulence caused
by the 0-9 merge. We can defer branching for some components. Here's
what I propose for the parts I'm merging:

spec: should be able to merge to trunk as-is, 0-9 adds new XML files
doesn't modify existing ones.

python: on branch speaks both 0-8 and 0-9, I'll verify it on trunk &
branch before merging and leave the default as 0-8 until we move both
brokers to 0-9 on trunk.

cpp: I'll create an M2 branch for cpp now and then merge 0-9. That's our
fallback position for M2. There are some major reorgs planned on the C++
trunk, we will probably be able to have a bilingual client and merge the
trunk updates back to M2. We haven't been planning on a bilingual broker
but if things come together right it might be a possibility - if not we
can release todays broker for M2.

For interop tests we'll have an interim period of testing 0-8 C++ built
from M2 branch with everything else built from trunk, but that will only
last till the rest of the trunk is up to 0-9 at which point it'll be
straightforward 0-8 on M2 and 0-9 on trunk.

Shout quick with any objections/suggestions.

Cheers,
Alan.