qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: C++ 0-9 merge heads up
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 23:09:14 GMT
On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 16:36 +0000, Rupert Smith wrote:
> Once again, can I request as few branches as possible. Each is a
> headache (unless of course I just pretend I don't know its there!).
> Please, just the one for M2.

I heard you say this before and I don't understand it - I think you mean
as few *active* branches as possible, but an unused branch can just be
deleted from the repo with no real repercussions at all.

So I don't see why Alan can't just create a branch or even just create a
tag called "AlansWhateverBranch" and then move it to a branch if/when it
is what we need; else just delete it and then it's not there offending
you at all ;-) (it might offend the repo admins but that's another thing
entirely!).

Andrew