qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Greig" <robert.j.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Draft Interop Testing Spec - Please Read
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 09:10:04 GMT
On 13/03/07, Andrew Stitcher <astitcher@redhat.com> wrote:

> One thing worth noting is that Java is much less common on Linux than
> either Python or Ruby, as the licensing made it hard to ship the Sun
> implementation. Whereas there are very good implementations of both
> Python and Ruby for Windows.

I don't understand this point.

Java is freely available on linux for download although it isn't
included on distros. Python and Ruby are freely available on Windows
although they aren't included in the installation by default (i.e. are
not shipped by Microsoft). Is this not the same situation?

I don't really have an opinion on which language the controller should
be written in.

RG