qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Doberenz" <Michael.Dober...@Valtech.com>
Subject Unacknowledged messages arrive after new messages when recreating a durable subscriber.
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 17:18:55 GMT
Hello all,

We have a set of publishers each of which publish messages in order, and a single durable
subscriber. We're not using transactions and we're set up to use client acknowledgment. If
the subscriber is taken down in between the call of MessageListener.onMessage and Message.acknowledge,
we are getting the retransmission of any unacknowledged messages, as expected. However, these
messages are received after any newly published messages.  As an example:

A publisher sends messages 1, 2 and 3.
The subscriber receives and acks messages 1 and 2, but goes down in between receiving and
acking message 3.
A publisher sends messages 4 and 5.
The subscriber restarts and receives message 4, then 5, then 3.

Is this expected behavior? If so, is there any way to expect these out of order messages?

We built our broker/client from revision 512501 of the java directory.

Thanks in advance,
Michael Doberenz