qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: C++ 0-9 merge heads up
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 16:12:15 GMT
Robert Godfrey wrote:
> With the parallel thread on cutting an M2 release, do we want to cut
> that at
> a point before or after you merge 0-9 down to trunk (I would think
> before,
> but if you think the 0-9 branch does 0-8 as well or better than
> trunk...).

I'd suggest this order:
1. Merge python 0-9 to trunk -  compatible with 0-8 and has other
improvements beyond 0-9.
2. Create M2 branch.
3. Merge other 0-9 stuff - C++ for me, java when it's ready etc.
> Probably want to co-ordinate so that if people have a lot of pending work
> for M2 that gets checked in before the 0-9 stuff gets merged in.
C++ has some other issues that urgently require us to get back to a
single branch. I'd suggest we make the M2 branch and then co-ordinate
Java work destined for trunk and M2 with the merging of java 0-9 branch
rather than holding everything up till Java is sorted out. Until the 0-9
Java stuff merges merging between trunk and M2 is trivial so the
existence of the branch won't hinder that work.

Cheers,
Alan.