qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Draft Interop Testing Spec - Please Read
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 16:12:23 GMT
Alan Conway wrote:
> - assert expected conditions are met.

My view was that the test clients would not do much in the way of
asserting anything. They would do 'something' and tell the coordinator
they did it (with some details perhaps). The coordinator would assert
that the reports from all clients, in all roles, were as expected for
the overall system test.

If using JUnit or similar in the test clients simplifies the test
runner, great. I can't say I'm sure either way without actually trying
to write one but I agree that it will likely be very useful in the
coordinator.