qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid M2 Branching / C++ 0.9 Merging
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 16:19:25 GMT
Martin Ritchie wrote:
> The suggestion wasn't to hold up development for M2 but rather to hold
> up M2 release until development has ticked all the boxes we have set
> ourselves for M2 release. I understand the desire to get 0.9 on the
> trunk and think that should be our main driver just now but we do need
> to do a release and that release needs to contain a very stable
> release as we will not be doing another release for sometime, if
> previous discussions are anything to go by.

It sounds like we're in agreement that we should start the M2 branch
soon so 0.9 work can proceed. I'd like to create the branch early to
merge C++ - that doesn't prevent Java from holding off on the 0-9 merge
to finish up stuff aimed at both M2 and trunk before diverging the two
with the 0-9 merge.

Cheers,
Alan.