qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: C++ 0-9 merge heads up
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 16:32:35 GMT
Robert Godfrey wrote:
> I'm just not sure whether (procedurally) we can make an M2 branch before
> we've given people enough time to vote for an M2 release...
Making a branch doesn't commit us to a release, it doesn't even force
anybody to use the branch. It just means the current state of C++ is
stored away safely so I can move on trunk while the Java issues are
resolved.  As long as the Java 0-9 isn't merged it'll be trivial to
merge any Java trunk work done in the next 5-7 days to the M2 branch as
there'll be no changes on it.

> Suggestion of
> early next week was as much to allow the normal voting window as anything
> else...
>
> having said that, your ordering looks sensible.
If it helps peoples voting sensibilities I can make a branch called
"AlansPre09Branch" and we can rename it M2 when all the voting is done.

Cheers,
Alan.