qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid M2 Branching / C++ 0.9 Merging
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 16:56:31 GMT
Robert Godfrey wrote:
> OK - so can we set a date for the creation of the M2 branch, and the
> merging
> of the 0-9 branch down to trunk?
We don't have to merge the entire branch in one shot, indeed I think
that would be very unwise. I strongly suggest that merging each
sub-project should be a separate effort. Making the branch must preceed
the merge efforts but it doesn't have to coincide with them.
> Would early next week (Monday or Tuesday) be OK with everybody for
> instance?
I can wait till Monday, but I don't want to wait longer than that.

> In the meantime we won't do anything new to trunk other than check in
> things
> we are working on, or fix bugs?
I would like to merge 0-9 python, it's fully compatible and it's one
less piece to worry about.
> Thoughts?
I see no reason to delay making the branch. It enables forward movement
of projects that are ready to move, and it doesn't impose anything on
projects that are not.

Cheers,
Alan.