qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Merge tools.
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 20:09:01 GMT
Kevin Smith wrote:
> Alan Conway wrote:
>> I propose we use http://www.orcaware.com/svn/wiki/Svnmerge.py to
>> track merges for us. It will make merging much less error prone. I'm
>> going to try it out on the 0-9 branch to backmerge and merge python
>> and spec prior to merging them to trunk. Its endorsed by the svn team
>> and included in the svn distribution. It can be used in conjunction
>> with manual merges but life will be simpler if we always use it for
>> all merges.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Alan.
>>
> I agree. We use this script _a lot_ at my day job and it makes merging
> much easier.
>
> --Kevin
Kevin, can you give me some tips about selectively merging directories?
I did svnmerge.py init in the root of the 0.9 branch, and I can
svnmerge.py avail to seem the available merges but I don't see a way to
restrict it to certain subdirectories. I could
 a) Merge the whole branch in my working copy and revert all the stuff I
dont' want to merge or.
 b) Go thru the (long!) list of diffs to identify the ones that affect
the directories I'm interested in
Is there an easier way?

Cheers,
Alan.