qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Continuous Build Server. Was: NEED HELP: getting the trunk back in order
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 03:17:37 GMT
Nuno Santos wrote:
> Will also need to check regarding the licensing issue... our plan was
> to use CruiseControl but I see in the chart that you mentioned -- very
> useful, btw -- that it doesn't directly support "make", so we have to
> see if we can somehow integrate the C++ build with CruiseControl, or
> opt for a different continuous build tool.
I've participated in large scale multi-project mixed C++/Java builds in
cruisecontrol before, it'll do the job with a bit of custom scripting.
It's easy to do make, just write an ant script that calls make. There
are (were) xslt scripts shipped with cruisecontrol that turn the stdout
and stderr from make into a nice HTML log with the stderr bits
highlighted in red. You can also get CppUnit results nicely formatted as
HTML by hacking the cruisecontrol xslt for JUnit logs.

The other tools may still be worth investigating, I've no experience
with them.

Cheers,
Alan.