qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Ritchie" <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NEED HELP: getting the trunk back in order.
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 09:48:19 GMT
On 05/03/07, Alan Conway <aconway@redhat.com> wrote:
> After a long holiday on the 0-9 branch I'm back on the trunk, and I'm
> fairly appalled at what I find.
>
> 1. python tests totally broken due to a typo introduced by
> r510060 | ritchiem | 2007-02-21 10:47:17 -0500 (Wed, 21 Feb 2007)

Sorry, I like many of the Java developers don't run the python tests
with enough regularity. As you say integrating the python tests with
mvn will sort that out.

> 2. After fixing the typo multiple python tests still fail and then hang
> with java broker. They also hang with C++ broker.
>
> 3. One mvn test fails for Java broker.

Which one? I get a clean head build on the Java. The java broker does
have a couple of occasionally errors that we have still to track down
that cause intermittent problems. Makes debugging very hard.

> I need help to get the trunk back into working order so we can start
> merging branch work. I'll look at python tests on C++, I need help from
> the people who have been committing to the trunk on Java to fix all the
> errors.
>
> I'm very concerned about how the trunk got into this state, please
> committers exercise some discipline. All tests should pass on trunk at
> all times.

Totally agree!

> * If there are any tests failing for a project DO NOT COMMIT ANYTHING
> except fixes for those failures.
> * C++ changes must pass "make check" (which includes python tests)

What do I need to build the C++ on windows?

> * Java changes must pass mvn tests AND the python tests (I suggest they
> be automated as part of mvn tests.)

I shall look in to that getting the tests running with mvn. I'll
create a JIRA for it first

> * XML changes must pass python tests against BOTH brokers.
> * No idea about the other languages but I assume they have test suites.
>
> Please folks, lets keep the code base clean.

Perhaps a unified build system that can be run from the top level to
ensure everything works is what we need.

--
Martin Ritchie