qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Rupert Smith" <rupertlssm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Naming etc (was Re: C++ directory re-organization)
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 11:11:02 GMT
Yes, thats worth mentioning too. The JMS api will always be different
from the "close to the protocol" AMQ/QPID api. Currently the java
client provides both APIs, with JMS implemented on top of the QPID one
(more or less). The JMS API cannot be implemented in other lanaguges,
because Sun forbids it. The java will still need to expose the same
API as the other clients, because there are certain things you cannot
do from the pure JMS API.

I still think things will be easier if we begin steering towards a
unified API as early as possible. I only mentioned the idea now,
because I saw an opportunity piggy back this on top of a major
refactoring of the C++ that needs to be carried out anyway.