qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Rupert Smith" <rupertlssm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Continuous Build Server. Was: NEED HELP: getting the trunk back in order
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 17:02:25 GMT
On 3/9/07, Robert Godfrey <rob.j.godfrey@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. is AntHill offering a license for any of the contributors to run a
> continuous build against the apache subversion project?
> 2. is there any restriction on the number of continuous build systems thus
> set up?
> 3. if individual contributors / organisations take wish advantage of such a
> license, is the qpid community as a whole happy to credit AntHill in the
> manner required.
> 4. finally even of the Qpid community is happy to credit AntHill, is Apache
> happy to allow Qpid to do so

The licence they gave us allows contributors pretty much free reign,
so long as it is used to produce OS software only.

No restriction on the number of systems. 999 users, 999 build agents.

I'm assuming Apache is happy for us to use it, as I say, Geronimo have
set the precedent already. Have not made any official enquiries
towards Apache yet though.

As you point out, the build server and build system are seperate.
There is absolutely no need to check the AH config files into the
source respository at all. Using it does not force anyone interested
in using/building qpid to use AH.