qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Rupert Smith" <rupertlssm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Draft Interop Testing Spec - Please Read
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:31:59 GMT
Skeleton of the interop test is checked in under qpid/java/integrationtests
for a Java coordinator and test client.

*Only the test client needs to be ported to every other language*. The
outline of this may be found under the org...interop.testclient package.
There is no need for other language implementations to closely follow this
exampe (I used some Java enum syntax anyway, I don't know if C++ or C# has
similar syntax, python/ruby probably has funky ways of doing it better).
Something broadly similar would be nice, so that moving between the
different implementation is easy. In particular the InteropClientTestCase
interface might be worth standardizing on. Will flesh this out over the
week, depending on other priorities.

Also, I forgot to put the test case names in the spec, so that clients can
tell which test case the invites are for. I went for:

"TC1_DummyRun"
"TC2_BasicP2P"
"TC3_BasicPubSub"

Will add these to the spec.