qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Marnie McCormack" <marnie.mccorm...@googlemail.com>
Subject [RESULT] Qpid M2 Release
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 15:07:02 GMT
Hi All,

Thanks for your votes and input on the M2 Release vote thread.

I have now tallied up the votes cast, and they look like this:

 [ +8 ] M2 Release inc Java, C++, .NET
[ +6 ] Python client (plus 2 abstentions)
[ +3 ] Ruby client (plus 5 abstentions)

My reading of the discussions thus far is that the python is fairly well
used and thus maintained. The Ruby seems a bit behind this in status and
will shortly be subject to some additional effort (hopefully from Kevin).

Thus, I'd conclude that we should concentrate our efforts on an M2 which
only includes:

Java Broker (with a caveat on the clustered broker code)
Java Client
C++ Broker
C++ Client
.NET Client
Python Client

I hope that this tallies up with the group consensus. I'll email separately
on release branching and management.

Thanks & Regards,
Marnie