qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajith Attapattu" <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Release Plan for post M2
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 16:40:44 GMT
Folks,

I think it's a good time to get the ball rolling on the release plan for
post M2.
Here are some suggestions to start of with.

Visioning:
I suggest to move away from Mx (or milestones) releases and use a numbering
scheme like 0.9x.x.
We could call the next release 0.90 and the subsequent releases as 0.91,
0.92 ..etc
If we need to make bug fixes/updates to an existing release we can do an
interim release like 0.91.1, 0.91.2 etc

Release Plan:
We need to make a release plan for each artifact (linked to the main release
page) and clearly capture what we are going to deliver.
This kind of visibility/planning is important for qpid users (and also to
committers/contributors) to plan their development.

Road Map :
We need to have a road map to provide visibility and to communicate clearly
to the qpid users our forward thinking about the project.
It also helps us as a community to agree and be responsible for the vision
and goals of the project.
The bigger picture can be linked to release plans to communicate how we
intend to realize the road map.
We could add notes and status reports to provide interim status.

Suggestions are most welcomed.

Regards,

Rajith