qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Godfrey" <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Qpid M2 Branching / C++ 0.9 Merging
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 15:45:47 GMT
On 07/03/07, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:

> Robert Godfrey wrote:
> > Having said that, because of requirements put forward by people actually
> > using the software, we have built a higher level of interoperability at
> the
> > JMS level into the .net and C++ clients, and C++ broker (i.e. extending
> the
> > FieldTable to cope with the new types).
>
> The c++ trunk only (as far as I know) includes an update to cope with
> the 'binary' field table value type. It doesn't (as far as I know) cope
> with any of the other extended types.

Which is fine...  I think that for basic interoperability we no longer even
need this (I changed the Java so it sends a single integer number rather
than a binary).

Since the Fieldtable implementation is likely to change radically in 0-10 I
don't think we should put in any further work to us the original "extended"
FieldTable.  Having said that it may be that for specific business purposes
some of us will have a need to do that before our next release.  In which
case we can make a patch against M2.

-- Rob