qpid-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Robert Godfrey" <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Qpid M2 Branching / C++ 0.9 Merging
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 16:26:43 GMT
Can anyone who has oustanding work on the trunk pipe up now...  I am working
on a refactoring for post the M2 cut to support multiple versions of the
protocol in the Java Broker, so personally I'm in favour of an early M2
cut...  however I still have concerns about making an M2 branch before we've
actually concluded the vote on an M2 release :-)

-- Rob

On 07/03/07, Alan Conway <aconway@redhat.com> wrote:
> Martin Ritchie wrote:
> > The suggestion wasn't to hold up development for M2 but rather to hold
> > up M2 release until development has ticked all the boxes we have set
> > ourselves for M2 release. I understand the desire to get 0.9 on the
> > trunk and think that should be our main driver just now but we do need
> > to do a release and that release needs to contain a very stable
> > release as we will not be doing another release for sometime, if
> > previous discussions are anything to go by.
> >
> It sounds like we're in agreement that we should start the M2 branch
> soon so 0.9 work can proceed. I'd like to create the branch early to
> merge C++ - that doesn't prevent Java from holding off on the 0-9 merge
> to finish up stuff aimed at both M2 and trunk before diverging the two
> with the 0-9 merge.
> Cheers,
> Alan.

  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message