qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Rupert Smith" <rupertlssm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [java] Client refactoring
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 10:02:42 GMT
Looks interesting, and good to see a document outlining an architecture in a
clean and easy to understand way.

A couple of questions:

Do you think this level of layering is going to be necessary in the client?
It sounds flexible and extensible but if that flexibility is not put to good
use in practice, it may just add complexity. What is the use case for the
extensibility?

Do you think this level of layering might slow the client down? Getting from
the client API down to the wire looks like it is going to be a considerably
long chain of calls (another layer above for JMS, and Mina itself probably
has a few layers below). I can imagine though, that the network itself will
be sufficiently slow to make the effects of this negligible.

If working on the AMQ client level API please give consideration to
consistency accross all clients in qpid, wrt to naming of
namespaces/packages, classes, methods, arguments etc. I have no time to
dedicate towards that effort myself at the moment, so this is just a
suggestion...

Rupert