qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajith Attapattu" <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] Qpid M2 Release
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 18:03:58 GMT
Martin,

I can help as much as I can and I hope that some of the work that we put in
to the last release want have to be repeated.
For example the legal notices, licenses etc.

If there are any new dependencies that we have added please let us know. I
will create a wiki page to track M2 progress.
I cut the M2 branch based on request by JPM. However I am (or the community)
is not sure what is happening where.

What is going on in the java trunk vs the M2 branch ? are
changes/improvements in the M2 being merged back to trunk?
When is the plan for M2 release?

So lets start there and  capture the items that going in to this release.

Regards,

Rajith

On 4/10/07, Martin Ritchie <ritchiem@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi, Rajith,
>
> Let me say thanks aswell for stepping forward but just to let you know
> being the release manager is more than just cutting an a few RCs.
>
> The incubator has a guide which is not yet complete but a good starting
> read:
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html
>
> In addition to this though I would say that the M2 branch has to much
> development on it to release just now. I would suggest that we need to
> set a cut off point for development. Of course having marked what
> defects are to be included in M2. Then re-branch for RC cutting and
> merging any resulting defects.
>
> Regards
>
> Martin
>
> On 10/04/07, Marnie McCormack <marnie.mccormack@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Rajith,
> >
> > Thanks !
> >
> > I think we need to create a list of tasks for M2, as we did for M1. I
> > suspect there's a lot of cleaning up to be done before we can create RCs
> ?
> >
> > We also need licenses etc all updated. A quick checlist for user docs on
> the
> > non-Java side is probably worthwhile (as this is their first release)
> >
> > Bye for now,
> > Marnie
> >

> > On 4/10/07, Rajith Attapattu <rajith77@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey Marnie,
> > >
> > > I will help as stated and I have already created a M2 branch.
> > > I am waiting for folks to give the green light to cut the RC's
> > >
> > > Rajith

> and

> > > technologies)

> as