qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Arnaud Simon <asi...@redhat.com>
Subject [.Net] NMS
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 16:23:22 GMT
Hi,

When looking at the .Net client it came to me that we should look at
what the guys from ActiveMQ have done. They have created an Apache
project that defines a .Net Messaging API. The project name is NMS
for .Net Message System API which is an interface to messaging systems
rather like JMS is for Java (the project can found here:
http://activemq.apache.org/nms/what-is-nms.html )

The main strengths of NMS are that it is already implemented (ActiveMQ,
STOMP and MSMQ) and integrated with Spring. Note that I know people form
the industry that use NMS (especially the ActiveMQ implementation).

The idea would be to first implement NMS and then use it to implement a
WCF channel or a BizTalk adapter. Thus, the way things would
look is:
WCF channel <------
                  ----- NMS implementation (C#) ---> Qpid broker
BizTalk adapter <--

(We may have spring .Net in between the WCF channel and the BizTalk
adapter)

One main advantage of going this way is that we would be able to reuse
existing WCF implementation done for ActiveMQ.

It would be nice if the .Net guys (Carlos, Tomas, Marnie, etc.) can
comment on that. We may even decide to host our NMS implementation on
the NMS project.

Cheers

Arnaud