qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Rupert Smith" <rupertlssm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Build failures on trunk.
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 09:16:19 GMT
There are some crash recovery tests. Some are generic to persistent message
stores, one is specific to the 'other' persistent message store
implementation.

The test works by sending messages (without receiving), batched into
transactions, and can be set up to stop after a certain number have been
sent (which can be conveniently arranged to be mid-transaction, if you
like). Then it waits for the user to press a key to continue, re-connects
and recieves the message, and compares the sent to received. You should get
back everything that was in a committed transaction. You can also CTRL-C or
kill the broker mid-way through the sending (its done slowly by default to
give you time to do this), in order to simulate a real crash.

There is also an optional 'trigger' method that can be used to extend the
test. This is used to trigger a hot-backup of the message store to test the
backup/restore scenario.

Tests can be found in the classes PingDurableClient and BackupTestClient
(with hot-backup trigger). I think both have main methods you can call which
are configured with some reasonable defaults. The Javadoc lists other
parameters you can set (in addition to those listed in the parent
PingPongProducer class).

That should get you started anyway...

Rupert