qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject C++ new broker::Plugin class
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:51:00 GMT
I've just added a qpid::broker::Plugin class.

It uses the static initializer trick: when you dlopen a shlib, static
initializers are automatically run so static Plugin objects register
themselves in a global list.

This is simpler & more flexible than the Module approach: you don't need
to define entry point or cleanup functions (static ctors/dtors do it
automatically) so there's no issue of symbols clashing. It would be easy
to convert BDBstore to this approach, but I've left the Module stuff
alone for now till there's time to port it.

Cheers,
Alan.