qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajith Attapattu" <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: on how to use the qpid java client
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 16:30:09 GMT
Robert Greig,

How about we continue to use the so called extended JMS API.
We can build that on top of the AMQP API. There will be an additonal layer
that may look like an API (but we will not promote that).
(We all agree that current code needs refactoring, so there is no issue
there)

This way

a) People who use JMS (existing and who wants to use JMS in the future) can
leverage AMQP features if they want.
b) People who are not worried about JMS can use the AMQP API to do what they
want. (Ex. other apche projects ..etc)
c) This way the AMQP API is not going to make the JMS API look less powefull
as stated.

Regards,

Rajith