qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Tomas Restrepo" <tomas.restr...@devdeo.com>
Subject RE: DotNet terminates whilst connection running.
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 16:37:58 GMT
Hi Rupert,

> consumer.OnMessage += new MessageReceivedDelegate(OnMessage);
> connection.Start();
>
> my program continues to its end point. Then it exist and terminates the
> connection. I  think previously the .Net would keep running until the
> message delivery thread was terminated. Has the .Net code been changed
> so
> that it works differently now? If so, how do I join to the delivery
> thread
> to prevent my program from terminating prematurely? Thanks.

I'm not so sure that I remember the exact change, but it should be because
the dispatcher thread is now created as a background thread instead of
foreground thread (see line 618 of AmqChannel.cs).

I'm not sure this isn't a good thing, btw. You can still use any
synchronization mechanism you want rejoin the threads (i.e. wait until
something happens and then Stop() the channel).

Tomas Restrepo
http://www.winterdom.com/weblog/