qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Godfrey" <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [java] 0-10 proposal
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2007 09:38:35 GMT
In 0-10...

A TCP connection has many channels... (same as 0-8)

A Session may have a lifetime that exceeds the lifetime of a single
connection.

A session may be attached to a (single) channel.

It may then be detached, and later re-attached to a separate channel on the
same or a different connection.

After a Session has been detached from a channel (or after the session has
been clsed) a different session may attach to that channel.

Hope this helps,
Rob