qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject C++ session support - nearing interop.
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:58:59 GMT
The C++ broker now supports session.open/attached/close/closed, we're
nearing interop.

It is still using the transitional XML so the python tests still use
channel.open.

Switching to the preview-xml hits the following python bug:

  #not correct for 0-10 yet

  def encode_uuid(self, s):
    self.encode_longstr(s)

  def decode_uuid(self):
    return self.decode_longstr()

I believe C++ is encoding UUIDs correctly as 16 byte values.

As soon as python encoding is fixed we can do a real interop test. Does
Java depend on this incorrect encoding? If so it also needs to be fixed
before C++ can switch to the preview XML.

Cheers,
Alan.