qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "John O'Hara" <john.r.oh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: C++ code generator
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2007 19:27:15 GMT
You know this is just an amazingly bad way to work.
It looks like almost everyone who has worked on the code generators just
threw away the previous one in a fit of Not Invented Here and started again,
with no discussion.

When it happens again, to one's favourite version, how will one feel?

The XSLT one was clean even though no one really likes XSLT.  But we have
this big XSLT which generates the docs in pretty print and no one will be
volunteering to rewrite that in Ruby.  XSLT is portable, clean and language
agnostic (and the open saxon.jar did all the work).  The Java generator
deserved to die but what was wrong with the Python one?

I'm not saying the Ruby one is bad, I'm just amazed at the lack of stability
here.

You know, I think loading the model into Eclipse EMF and using its code
generation framework could be great.....

Arrrgh :)
john