qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Greig" <robert.j.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] java RC3 available
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2007 22:36:32 GMT
On 30/08/07, Rajith Attapattu <rajith77@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have tested the java binary with the python tests and it's fine.

I have started doing some brief sanity checking and it seems ok -
broker starts up fine.

I have been looking at improving our documentation on confluence and I
had a couple of questions that perhaps people could answer:

1. Why do we have separate access and jmxremote.access files?

2. On starting the broker the following warnings are printed:

2007-09-01 23:07:49,145 WARN  [main] access.AMQUserManagementMBean
(AMQUserManagementMBean.java:386) - Access rights contains user
'admin' but there is no authentication data for that user
2007-09-01 23:07:49,175 WARN  [main] access.AMQUserManagementMBean
(AMQUserManagementMBean.java:386) - Access rights contains user 'user'
but there is no authentication data for that user

Is it deliberate that there are no default values for those users in
the passwd file?

3. The etc directory is somewhat confusing for a new user (or even
me!). We have the following "passwd" files:

md5passwd
passwd
passwdVhost
qpid.passwd

Can someone explain the differences between these? I see md5passwd is
needed as an example md5 passwd file and passwd is for plain. But what
about the others?

4. What is qpid-server.conf.jpp for?

RG