qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Greig" <robert.j.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject M2.1: scope planning
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 13:00:32 GMT
Hi all,

M2.1 is intended to be a release aimed primarily at sorting out the
protocol version that Qpid implements to make it consistent with
published specifications and interoperable with other AMQP
implementations.

M2.1 should be limited in scope so that it can be delivered in a short
timescale, as quickly as possible after M2 as possible. We should not
discount small enhancements and improvements of course that fit
logically with the protocol version changes.

I would like to get some idea of what can be put in scope based on
willingness of resources to do work in areas of the system.

So far we have:

QPID-567 - 0-9 support and multiversion support for Java (owner: Rob Godfrey)
QPID-564 - Reapply MINA performance patches (owner: Rob Godfrey)

Is anyone willing to commit to do similar work on C++, .NET, Ruby or
Python? Note that the fact that QPID-567 incorporates multi-version
support means that Qpid will remain interoperable with itself (so to
speak) even if the Java implementation is the only one to move to 0-9.

Once we get a list of what needs to be done (each item must have a
Jira) we can then estimate a date for end of build.

RG