qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Greig" <robert.j.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java M2 - status of three outstanding Jiras
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 21:57:33 GMT
On 14/09/2007, Rafael Schloming <rafaels@redhat.com> wrote:

> This is a tricky issue. There are actually two bugs here. The correct
> fix for QPID-572 (the original patch submitted to the JIRA) actually
> causes another race condition to be more likely. I've described the
> other race condition in detail in QPID-601.

Ah ok. It is useful to split this into the real issues.

> So basically if we want to release M2 in a timely manner we need to
> choose between selectors with correct message ordering and a higher
> chance of messages being stranded, or selectors with incorrect message
> ordering and a lower chance of messages being stranded.

OK my own view is that stranded messages are worse than out of order
messages therefore I would say we go for selectors with incorrect
message ordering and a lower chance of messages being stranded.

But we should note in the release notes that when using selectors
ordering guarantees are "relaxed".

What do others think?

> > QPID-573 : Fixed by Rafi on trunk. Can you merge to M2 and M2.1?
> >
> > As far as I know just pending the merge.
>
> The fix should be merged to both M2 and M2.1 now.

Excellent. Thanks.

So, Martin - QPID-531 - is that ready to commit?

RG