qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rafael Schloming <rafa...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Java M2 - status of three outstanding Jiras
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 19:59:54 GMT
Martin Ritchie wrote:
> Rafi. do you have a test case that can reproduce the problem in 602?
> I've been trying to do so by populating the queue and then connect a
> client wils sending more messages. So far it always gets the messages
> in the right order. I haven't had much time to get a failing test so i
> can test my solution so he you have such a test that would really
> help.

I assume you mean QPID-601, not QPID-602.

I had thought the TopicSessionTest failure was an example of the race
condition, however your explanation in another post also accounts for
that failure.

I haven't tested this myself, but in theory a long enough Thread.sleep
at the end of ConcurrentSelectorDeliveryManager.populatePreDeliveryQueue
should make the race condition easy to reproduce because at that point
the Subscription has not been added to _subscriptions, so any messages
delivered at that point will be stranded in the _messages queue.

--Rafael