qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: test_flush intermittent failure
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:29:56 GMT
Alan Conway wrote:
> In all the cases where I see the failure below, the broker log shows the
> broker receiving an ExecutionFlushBody *before* the corresponding
> BasicPublishBody.

There is a loop in this test; could the apparently preceding flush be
from the earlier loop?

On another note there are actually two flushes sent in this test per
publish. As the channel is in synchronous mode the peer sends one itself
(should be a synch now, that wasn't implemented when this was started).
The explicit flush is no no longer necessary. However thats not the
cause of the failure I don't think.

> Is there any way the python client could be re-ordering these methods?
>
> Is there any way the brokers AsynchIOAcceptor could be delivering these
> methods out of order?

I think this is unlikely. Its more likely to be a subtle race in the
broker or client that is somehow occasionally getting the command
completion confused.

I can't actually reproduce the issue... If you have a broker log I can
have a look at it.