qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Ritchie" <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject C++ code generator
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 07:41:51 GMT
I was going to mention this early but it must have slipped my mind.

Just wondered why we are now using ruby to generate the framing?

Were the xslt, python or java approaches too complicated, inflexible
or is ruby a better dependency to have?

I really feel we should have a single method for generating our
framing across all languages.. if indeed it is really work writing a
generator in the first place. The amount of effort we have expended in
creating generators we must have been better just writing it by hand.
The framing has only significantly changed once in the last year but
we have had at least 4 generators!

just a thought.
--
Martin Ritchie