qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Ritchie" <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java M2 - status of three outstanding Jiras
Date Sat, 15 Sep 2007 09:30:37 GMT
On 15/09/2007, Rafael Schloming <rafaels@redhat.com> wrote:
> Robert Greig wrote:
> > On 14/09/2007, Rafael Schloming <rafaels@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> >> This is a tricky issue. There are actually two bugs here. The correct
> >> fix for QPID-572 (the original patch submitted to the JIRA) actually
> >> causes another race condition to be more likely. I've described the
> >> other race condition in detail in QPID-601.
> >
> > Ah ok. It is useful to split this into the real issues.
> >
> >> So basically if we want to release M2 in a timely manner we need to
> >> choose between selectors with correct message ordering and a higher
> >> chance of messages being stranded, or selectors with incorrect message
> >> ordering and a lower chance of messages being stranded.
> >
> > OK my own view is that stranded messages are worse than out of order
> > messages therefore I would say we go for selectors with incorrect
> > message ordering and a lower chance of messages being stranded.
> >
> > But we should note in the release notes that when using selectors
> > ordering guarantees are "relaxed".
> >
> > What do others think?
>
> I agree that's the best option if there is no simple fix for QPID-601.
>
> --Rafael

I've been testing a fix as overnight, but I don't have time to
complete it as I've got to go on holiday.

I've been held up this morning as AMQSessionTest is taking over 120s
to complete. I don't remember this but it is doing this on a clean
M2.1!

Four of the tests in AMQST are taking 30s each.. sounds like they are
waiting for a timeout to complete which isn't failing the test.

I don't have time to look but will investigate later.

--
Martin Ritchie