qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Rupert Smith" <rupertlssm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Svnmerge change tracking for M2 related branches.
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:44:40 GMT
Hi,

There are currently two branches off of the M2 branch.

M2.1 For continued development on the M2 code base.
M2.0.0.0_patch A branch created to test selective code patches from
M2.1(hopefully short lived, could move it to tags then).

I have turned on change tracking using svnmerge so that changes can be
merged in the following directions:

M2.1 -> M2.0.0.0_patch
M2.1 -> M2

The idea is that M2 and M2.0.0.0_patch are release branches only.
M2.1 is the current onward from M2 development branch.

If we stick rigidly to this philosophy, it will hopefully makes things
easier. Where possible, you should only edit code on M2.1 and never on the
release branches (as they are very near their end of life cycle). Merge the
bug fixes you need from M2.1 into the release branches.

I have had to to a bit of figuring out, because svnmerge was not initialized
immediately when the branches were created. But I think I have it right. The
only one I have missed is 574873 on the M2 branch:

   Applied fix (submitted as patch to qpid-dev by Nuno Santos): include
headers used in posix wrappers.

I see that one is on both M2.1 and M2, so I will mark it as merged.

Rupert