qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Rupert Smith" <rupertlssm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: C++ code generator
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:55:21 GMT
We also knew that the python one could be run from within the maven build
through jython. I bet nobody considered how much of a known quantity JRuby
is, wrt doing the same thing. I can understand that people do not want a
Java dependency on the C++ code, and might therefore object to Velocity
(although such a dependency really doesn't seem that bad). Python or XSLT
seems like the best middle ground dependency for Java and C++ to me.

I think that more effort has been expended on writing code generators, than
would have been expended writing the generated code by hand.