qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajith Attapattu" <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Use of AMQShortString in client side code
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 17:11:37 GMT
I am wondering why we are using AMQShortString indiscriminately all over the
client side code?
There is no performance benefit of using AMQShortString (based on the way it
is used) on the client side and is purely used for encoding.

It makes sense to use it on Broker side as you deal at bytes level and I can
understand the performance benefit of not having convert back and forth into
a String.
On the client side we just merely wrap/unwrap a String using AMQShortString.
Why can't we do that at the encoding/decoding level for the client side ?

I really hate typing more than I need to :)

Regards,

Rajith