qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Greig" <robert.j.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Weekly plans.
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 09:54:54 GMT
On 07/11/2007, Rupert Smith <rupertlssmith@googlemail.com> wrote:

> The fastest I've seen the Java M2 go on pubsub 2:16 is around 100k msgs/sec
> w. 256 byte messages. Although, I feel it could go faster because I was
> testing with just one client machine, and the CPU maxed out on the client
> and not the broker well before the connection was saturated :(

This seems like there has been a significant degradation over time. On
the old topic test (which is checked in on the M2 branch now) we used
to see over 200k messages per second.

Does you test use a single JVM for all the clients? I would be
interested to know if there is any difference between a single JVM
with multiple connections and multiple JVMs each with a single
connection.

Carl, does your test use separate processes or a single process with
connections?

> Best I have seen so far was SwiftMQ which managed to write
> batch 8k msgs/sec in auto ack mode, 16:16 p2p, on a disk setup that can
> handle maybe 500 IOPS (very rough estimate), which is impressive.

What does this test do exactly - what does the "batch 8k msgs/sec"
mean? How does it compare with the same test on Qpid?

RG