qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Greig" <robert.j.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Weekly plans.
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 10:55:17 GMT
On 08/11/2007, Rupert Smith <rupertlssmith@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I don't think there has been a degradation, its just that the test is
> different. As I said, the client machine maxed out before the broker or
> network did, so the 100k I observed was not the brokers best effort. In fact
> I will try and run the test that gave you 200k+ and see if I can improve my
> test case to do this too.

That is interesting since previously we were not hitting the CPU limit
even with 16 clients running.

> One thing I did notice about the 200k test, is that it only ran for
> 0.5seconds.

? The test was configurable in terms of the number of messages sent.
We ran with various sizes (including very large numbers) but it was
pretty consistent so I think we often just ran with 10,000 message
batches.

> If latency is around 50ms (guessing), then it would be
> advisable to
> run the test for at least 5 seconds (100 times latency).

I hope latency is far lower than 50ms for transient messaging.

> The test you are refering to is Publisher/Listener under
> org.apache.qpid.topic?

Yes.

RG