qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Weekly plans.
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 17:03:12 GMT
Robert Greig wrote:
> On 07/11/2007, Arnaud Simon <asimon@redhat.com> wrote:
>

>> This week I will be adding dtx and crash recovery tests, I will also be
>> looking at optimizing the java 0_10 client.
>>

> Do you have any performance test results for the 0-10 client?
>
> RG

As all the clients are to the C++ broker -there is what is the broker
capable of and then how close is the
client for each language. I still don't have enough data to quote for
each component.

looks like broker client C++ for publish can max TCP on Gig (176k
msg/sec) for the size of message
my test is using and it consume 1 core of CPU time to do this. Consume
does not show symmetric rate  -- still
working out if broker or client lib.

also don't think this is max - i.e. IB should be much faster - the
number above is limited by the specific network
I am running on. one of the upcoming tests will most likely be to 'cat'
the full conversation to the socket / IO
buffer on the local machine to determine the top limit if the machine
had multiple NICs or on IB. and find out
where the consume issue is.... (think Alan is hatching a plan to try that)

what are the rate / message size / CPU you are seeing on M2? - would
like to do a direct compare.
Carl.