qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Rupert Smith" <rupertlssm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Weekly plans.
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 10:48:30 GMT
I don't think there has been a degradation, its just that the test is
different. As I said, the client machine maxed out before the broker or
network did, so the 100k I observed was not the brokers best effort. In fact
I will try and run the test that gave you 200k+ and see if I can improve my
test case to do this too.

One thing I did notice about the 200k test, is that it only ran for
0.5seconds. If latency is around 50ms (guessing), then it would be
advisable to
run the test for at least 5 seconds (100 times latency). The results I
obtained all ran at constant rates for ten minutes, and it has been a bit
tricky to do this. Reason being that max throughput tests have to run the
broker at saturation load for some time, and it becomes all to easy to end
up overflowing the queues, consequently there is logic in the test code to
hold back when too many messages at once are in flight.

The test you are refering to is Publisher/Listener under
org.apache.qpid.topic?