qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Branches, merges and trunkness
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:33:32 GMT
On Jan 28, 2008 11:11 PM, Rajith Attapattu <rajith77@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just for my understanding,
> What is the difference between M2.1 and M2.1.1 ? Which branch are we
> planning to use for the next release of M2.x?

M2.1.1 is dead, M2.1 has some additional fixes and features (such as
multiversion support). Ignore M2.1.1, nothing to see here, move along
please.

We'll take M2.x from the M2.1 branch, which should probably be renamed
to M2.x. If nobody objects I'll do this on Friday, it's going to mess
up existing checkouts though.

> Are we done with the M2 branch? are we planning to keep that around?
> If we need any fixes to say M2, I suppose we will make fixes from the latest
> M2.x branch and not M2. Am I correct?

As Rupert says, M2 is a release branch, if we need to make a security
fix on M2 that would be the place to do it.

- Aidan
--
aim/y!:aidans42  g:aidan.skinner@gmail.com
http://aidan.skinner.me.uk/