qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Marnie McCormack" <marnie.mccorm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: we should consider this
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2008 17:46:52 GMT
Hi All,

I've had a quick look at the topics from previous years and wonder if any of
the following might be appropriate & useful for Qpid:

1. Design and implement a simple solution, runnable from the command
line, for extracting useful JMX information from the Qpid Java Broker.
Solution should be configurable at runtime to allow users to decide which
bits of info they're interested in and when. Might be nice to see the
information extracted in a report format.

2. Refactor Qpid Java Broker configuration into a more elegant xml schema,
with xsd, covering all existing configuration options and allowing for
extension. Additionally implement a module to validate broker configuration
files, which could be run standalone i.e. before starting a broker, to check
that they're well formed and validate against the xsd.

Not going to set the world alight I know, but my thinking was that both of
these items could standalone i.e. not involve a student having to be closely
tied into our development on trunk etc. I also thought they'd be open to a
wide range of students, not being too obscure or complex.

I'd be happy to mentor the second, JMX not being so much an area I have
experience of.

Hth,
Regards,
Marnie