qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Arnaud Simon <asi...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: QPID Broker management
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:26:22 GMT
Hi Andrea,

Several points:

- The java broker is not supporting 0.10 yet
- The current JMX methods should remain unchanged i.e. java 0.8/0.9
management code should be compatible with the new 0.10 java broker.
- We would like to eventually manage the c++ broker through JMX (0.8/0.9
compatible code)
- As Gordon mentioned management is not yet part of the AMQP spec

Based on the previous point I would say that it would be very useful for
the project to quickly have a JMX/C++ management protocol bridge.
It could also be very nice if you can start thinking about how to
implement such a potential AMQP management standard in java. I would say
that this is the right time as we are migrating the broker to provide
0.10 support.

Arnaud