qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid M2.1 RC3
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 14:03:44 GMT
Aidan Skinner wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>>  There are no distributions of the other languages as we had in M2 for
>> example. Is that intentional?
>
> Yeah, they were only ever source distributions and it seemed a bit
> silly (and error prone as it was an entirely manual process) to
> distribute seperate source packages for each one.

For c++ at least there is a big difference, the source distribution
created by the build just requires configure to be run. Otherwise the
full and up to date set of autoconf/automake tools are needed.

For python and ruby having a small and focused download also seems
better (though I agree its not significantly different from whats in the
svn).