qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject c++ broker authentication
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:01:40 GMT
Thanks to Matt Farrellee, the c++ broker now has initial support for
PLAIN authentication (r647716). This is optional at compile time and
runtime and is based on the cyrus sasl lib (see the docs for that
library for info on configuring etc for your platform).

The runtime option is --auth (yes|no) and will eventually be turned on
by default (when support for authentication has been enabled at compile
time). However as this may well break any automated tests or other
scripts, I have temporarily left it off by default to allow a short time
to update any such scripts.

If you have automated tests or applications running against the c++
broker in an environment where you don't want to configure for
authentication, you should add '--auth no' to the options you pass to
the broker (be it on the command line or through conf file/env variables).

Unless there is a convincing reason not to, I will turn on
authentication by default next week.