qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Some questions...
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 13:42:49 GMT
Robert Godfrey wrote:
> I think to avoid wasted work, it would be useful before making a
> traight implementation of the C++ management API over JMS if we could
> first document the commonalities and differences between the two
> interfaces (i.e. the existing Java Broker JMS interface and the
> existing C++ AMQP interface)
>
> It would help a lot if we could bring them as close as possible together

Attached is some very rough data (taken from MBean defs and schema xml)
to help start that process. They aren't yet in the same form I'm afraid,
I've just tried to cut out some noise to get a quick overview.

In terms of the object classes, theres quite a lot of similarity (java
has a user management object that c++ does not; c++ models producers and
consumers distinctly which I don't think java does(?)). The properties
and methods exposed are along similar lines but do vary a fair bit
between the two in naming etc.

One of the most obvious differences to my eye is that java allows more
access to (and manipulation of) the messages on a queue.

Other observations?